Here's a list of my favorite games:Continue reading "Favourite NDS Games"
First extract the game data from ROM:
ndstool -x -d data <filename>.nds
This will create a new directory
data containing all the game data. In there you'll most probably find a file
somewhere. This is a sound archive format. Now run this through the
ndssndext (I had to use WinE):
wine ndssndext.exe sound_data.sdat
This creates a new folder which contains more folders with the actual contents from the
.sdat-file. These can be MIDI
files and/or (converted) WAV files.
ndstool can show header information of ROM files as well as extract the game logo or even the whole ROM contents.
It also can recombine the extracted ROM contents to a working ROM again.
- Homepage: darkfader.net (scroll down to DS development tools)
- Blog: ndsdev.blogspot.com
- SVN: devkitpro.svn.sourceforge.net
- Linux binary: codinglab.blogspot.com
- Python clone: jmoiron.net (limited functionality, but does UTF8)
To backup savegames from your cartridges (e.g. for use with a ROM dump on a card like the CycloDS Evolution) there are two ways.Continue reading "Backup Savegames on Nintendo DS"
- Homepage: cyclopsds.com
- Firmware: cyclopsds.com
- Comparison: joystiq.com
- Review: gameboy-advance.net
- Buy one: chipmonkey.de (Germany)
The CycloDS Evolution is a cartridge for the NDS which adds homebrew capabilities. You can then run various homebrewed titles from a miniSDHC card on the NDS. You can even play backups of your own games and thus take them all with you in a single cartridge.Continue reading "CycloDS Evolution"
The Nintendo Channel on the Nintendo Wii allows you to download Demo versions of NDS games right to your NDS to play. Just do the following:
- go to the Nintendo Channel
- go to the video overview
- click "Categories" on top
- select DS Download Service
- just select a game, wait for it to download
- follow the on-screen instructions